Have you ever heard of fibromyalgia? Fibromyalgia is typically characteristic of chronic muscle pain and can have numerous ill effects on your physical and mental health. To determine if you are suffering from fibromyalgia or to determine if you are at risk for it, ask yourself the following questions:
- Are you routinely suffering from muscle pain, specifically pain that is not restricted to one side of your body or either half of your body?
- Are you having issues with cognitive impairment including inabilities to concentrate fully on mental tasks throughout your day?
- Do you suffer from irritable bowel syndrome TMJ disorders, Interstitial Cystitis, or migraines?
- Do you have fatigue throughout the day even though you get a full night’s sleep?
- Do you have restless leg syndrome?
- Are you suffering from any sleep disorders such as sleep apnea?
- Do you have a family history of fibromyalgia?
- Have you suffered from physical trauma or psychological stress recently?
If any of the following situations arise, it may be linked to fibromyalgia or could be a risk factor for fibromyalgia. For additional help treating it or preventing it from occurring in the first place, visit our office in Hammond, Indiana by scheduling an appointment at 219-803-6651. Kennedy Avenue Chiropractic wants to help you defeat fibromyalgia and receive the treatments necessary to improve your life.